On June 20, 2011 the Arkansas Department of Education removed the Pulaski County School Board of Education and Superintendent, Dr. Charles L. Hopson, and took control of the District. Dr. Tom Kimbrell, Commissioner, Arkansas Department of Education, will serve in the stead of PCSSD Board of Education. Former Superintendent Bobby Lester and Phyllis Stewart, ADE, were appointed as liaisons for the District by the Department of Education. Dr. Jerry D. Guess was selected as the Superintendent of the Pulaski County Special School District, effective July 1, 2011.
- 2012-2013 Second Semester Student Assignment Report – Equity and Pupil Services
- Amendment to Board Policy IKE – 1st Reading
- Amendment to Board Policy IKE-R – 1st Reading
- Approval of increase of $200,000.00 to complete the Boiler and Cooling Tower Replacement at Mills High School.
- Approval of purchase of Boiler/Freezer Monitoring System.
- Approval of completion of Phase II construction projects.
- Approval of resolution to refund June 15, 2009 Bond Issue to produce debt services savings.
- Approval of resolution to refund February 15, 2010 Bond Issue to produce debt services savings.
- Approval of revision of Fiscal Distress Improvement Plan.
- Approval of amendment to Board Policy BEA – First Reading.
- Approval of amendment to Board Policy DB – First Reading.
- Approval to “Write-Off” Unpaid Meal Charge Balance from 2011-2012.
- Approval to auction twenty-one (21) buses.
- Approval of purchase of twenty-four (24) Smart Boards for Maumelle Middle School.
- Approval to purchase docking station, wireless keyboard and mouse, and 21.5 inch monitors for ninety (90) teacher laptops at Jacksonville High School.
- Approval of use of SIG 1003(g) funds to complete the purchase of 1:1 technology devices for the students at Jacksonville High School.
- Approval of purchase of sixty (60) I-Pads and two carts at Mills High School.
- Approval of deletion of Truck and Tractor Driver position and unfreezing General Maintenance Equipment Operator position.
- Approval of reduction in force of Spray Painter position and one (1) Painter position, and adding a Lead Painter position.
- Approval of revision of Board Policy DJE – First Reading.
- Approval of contracts with Arkansas Leadership Academy for six (6) PCSSD schools for 2013-2014.
- Summary of District Operations for February, 2013 – Approved
- Expulsions – Approved
- Personnel – Approved
- Bills for Payment – Approved
- Financial Report – Approved
- Fiscal Distress Report – Approved