On June 20, 2011 the Arkansas Department of Education removed the Pulaski County School Board of Education and Superintendent, Dr. Charles L. Hopson, and took control of the District. Dr. Tom Kimbrell, Commissioner, Arkansas Department of Education, will serve in the stead of PCSSD Board of Education. Former Superintendent Bobby Lester and Phyllis Stewart, ADE, were appointed as liaisons for the District by the Department of Education. Dr. Jerry D. Guess was selected as the Superintendent of the Pulaski County Special School District, effective July 1, 2011.
- 2012-2013 Annual Personnel Hiring and Deployment Report – Human Resources
- 2012-2013 Analysis of Teacher; Other Professional Staff Allocations – Human Resources
- 2012-2013 Recruitment Strategy Report – Human Resources
- 2012-2013 Equity Programs, Policies and/or Procedures for Personnel – Human Resources
- Analysis of One Race Classes – Second Semester – Elementary – Learning Services
- Analysis of One Race Classes – Second Semester – Secondary – Learning Services
- First Semester Discipline Report – Equity and Pupil Services
- Second Report of Scholastic Audit Action Reports – Learning Services
- Approval of purchase of Riverside’s DataDirector Data Reporting and Assessment System for evaluation of programs from multiple data bases and determines what is successful in reducing student achievement gap.
- Approval of 2013-2014 School Calendar.
- Approval of Academies at Maumelle High School for the 2013-2014 School Year. 9th Grade class of 2013-2014 will be reconfigured to participate in Wall to Wall career academies (STEM/Humanities and Business). These academies will continue to matriculate up the grades with the 9th grade cohort.
- Approval of 18 Computers for Lab at Jacksonville High School. This purchase will provide marketing students with the ability to produce a literary magazine showcasing student work.
- Approval of hiring 4 Building Technicians in compliance with the Arkansas Boiler Safety Law, Act 494 of 1961. Four schools contain boiler systems that are in excess of fifty (50) horsepower and will require licensed boiler operators on the premises.
- Amendment to Board Policy IKE – First Reading - The provisions for the promotion/retention of students graduating in 2011 and after are being revised to align and comply with state standards.
- Amendment to Board Policy IKE-R – First Reading – The guidelines for the promotion/retention of students are being revised to align and comply with state standards.
- Approval of Elementary Textbook Committee’s recommendation to adopt Houghton Mifflin/Harcourt “Go Math” textbooks, for Kindergarten through 5th Grade.
- Summary of District Operations for January, 2013 - Approved
- Expulsions – Approved
- Personnel – Approved
- Bills for Payment – Approved
- Financial Report – Approved
- Fiscal Distress Reports – Approved