On June 20, 2011 the Arkansas Department of Education removed the Pulaski County School Board of Education and Superintendent, Dr. Charles L. Hopson, and took control of the District. Dr. Tom Kimbrell, Commissioner, Arkansas Department of Education, will serve in the stead of PCSSD Board of Education. Former Superintendent Bobby Lester and Phyllis Stewart, ADE, were appointed as liaisons for the District by the Department of Education. Dr. Jerry D. Guess was selected as the Superintendent of the Pulaski County Special School District, effective July 1, 2011.
- Renew Blackboard Connect/AlertNow, Annual renewal for district-wide parent notification system. This system is also responsible for alerting parents and guardians of daily absences. Negotiated a cost savings of $.50 per student reducing the rate from $2.35 per student to $1.85. The services and support will remain the same. Cost $32,169.65. Approved
- Purchase of Band Uniforms for Jacksonville High School. Current band uniforms are 13 years old. New uniforms are necessary at this time. This order included 100 band uniforms. Approved
- Approval of 104 computers or classrooms at Maumelle Middle School. The purchase of these computers is for 26 core and remediation classrooms. The computers will be utilized to help differentiate teaching methods, address different learning styles and for assessments. Approved
- Research-based Literacy Materials for Pinewood Elementary School.Tabled until February 2013.
- Summary of District Operations for November 2012 - Approved
- Expulsions – Approved
- Personnel – Approved
- Bills for Payment – Approved
- Financial Report – Approved
- Fiscal Distress Reports – Approved