The called meeting of the Personnel Policy Committee called to order at 8:43 a.m. on May 17, 2012 at PCSSD Central Office (Address: 925 E. Dixon Road, Little Rock, AR 72216) by Mr. James Watson.
- Bill Goff
- Regena English
- Becky Del Rio
- John Sparks
- Keith Cooper
- James Watson
- Derrick Brown
- Cheryl Howey
- Charles Blake
Approval of Agenda
The agenda was unanimously approved as proposed by the chairman.
Approval of Minutes
Minutes of the April 30, 2012 meeting of the Personnel Policy Committee were read and approved as emailed, printed and distributed to the members of the Committee.
Regena English, secretary to the Classified PPC, was appointed to an interim position of Interim Director of Student Nutritional Services on May 1, 2012. She has stepped down from the PPC. John Sparks nominated and Cheryl Howey seconded the nomination that Becky Del Rio serve as the replacement secretary. Vote: All in favor, no one opposed.
Review the April 30th proposed changes to Board Policies adopted on April 20, 2012.
A proof reading of the proposed changes to the April 20th Board Policies was conducted using the April 30th minutes as a guide. The following proposals were reviewed:
- Page number corrections to the Equal Employment policy.
- Addition of a Possession of Firearms on School Property policy.
- “Teacher” to “employee” changes to the Political Activities and Election to Office policy.
- Changes to the Phase-Out of Professional Growth Payments section of the Compensation and Contracts policy.
- Changes to the Leave and Absences policy, including the deletion of Bereavement Leave.
- Addition of the “Authorization to Disclose Health Information” form under the Sick leave Bank policy.
- Deletion of the Personnel Computer Use policy and Employee Internet Use Agreement
- Addition of the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and Internet Safety Agreement
The following revisions were also approved:
- Return the Family Medical Leave Act wording (section 7) of page 39 with the addition of the word “only”. Use the word “sick” on #4 of page 39 instead of personal or vacation.
Return the section regarding Sick Leave Bank to original location of the 4-20-12 PPC.
- Motion: Becky Del Rio
- 2nd: Cheryl Howey(All in favor, no one opposed)
Replace the words “professional growth” with the terms “professional growth/staff development” throughout the document.
- Motion: Cheryl Howey
- 2nd: Becky Del Rio (Seven in favor, John Sparks opposed)
- Motion: Charles Blake
- 2nd: Cheryl Howey (All in favor, no one opposed)
Agenda for Next Meeting
- To Be determined
- Bring forward any new emails or concerns pertaining to the PPC.
Meeting was adjourned at 10:30 a.m. by James Watson. The next general meeting will be determined at a later time.
Minutes submitted by:Becky Del Rio, Secretary
Approved by: Majority vote via emails through May 25, 2012