The Classified Personnel Policy Committee met on April 1, 2013 at 1 pm in Conference Room A of the Central Office. In attendance were John Sparks, Keith Cooper, Clint Walker, Julie Welfel, Belinda Jackson, Derek Scott, Becky Del Rio, Bill Goff, and Charles Blake.
Minutes of the March 11, 2013 were approved via email March 17, 2013 and submitted to the website for posting.
- At the beginning of the meeting, the six non-management members of the Classified PPC drew lots to determine the election cycle so that there will not be more than two vacant non-management positions at each election for the future.
- Bill Goff moved to amend the previous January 16th motion regarding the terms of the non-management positions to be read:
- “All non-management positions elected during the 2013-14 school year and thereafter will serve three-year terms. Two non-management positions shall be elected each year. The election cycle shall be 1) the Clerical position and Child Nutrition position; 2) the Maintenance, Operations, and Custodians position and the Transportation position; 3) the Paraprofessional and Intercessors position, and the SLP, OT, PT, Nurses, School Psychologist and other classified staff position. In the case of resignation of non-management members, the position will be filled by election during the next election cycle and will be for the completion of the term being filled. Should more than two non-management positions be vacant, a special election will be held to fill all vacant positions.”
- Charles Blake seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Page 11, number 7 ---- Bill Goff moved to amend the previous motion regarding the cell phone use that is recorded in the November 2012 and January 20013 minutes to read.
- “All employees will comply with all state and federal laws regarding cell phone use and will refrain from using cell phones and other electronic devices for personal use during instructional time.”
- Becky Del Rio seconded the amended motion. Motion carried.
- Page 54 Inclement Weather: Revise last sentence in the first paragraph to read:
- “The PCSSD Board adopts the following policy:”
- Review of the approved changes to Page 55:
- There was discussion about the phrase in the third sentence and its need to remain in the policy manual. Bill Goff moved to return “In the past” to the third sentence and strike the second paragraph. Keith Cooper seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Computer and Mobile Technology Device Policy
- Becky Del Rio moved and Clint Walker seconded the motion to insert the Computer and Mobile Technology Device Policy which had been developed by the IT Department and presented to the PPC during the March meeting into the PPC manual in a separate section after the Signature Forms and before the Grievance Procedure Sections of the manual. Motion carried.
- Overtime, Compensatory Time, and Complying with FLSA
- Derek Scott moved that the Overtime, Compensatory Time, and Complying with FLSA document presented at the March 11, 2013 meeting should be inserted into the PPC manual following the section on compensation and contracts. Keith seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Derek Scott moved and Keith Cooper seconded the motion to change the dates on page 1 of the manual to July 1, 2013. Motion carried.
- Classified Personnel Salary Schedules
- A discussion regarding Salary Schedules and defining the experience step was initiated. This discussion will be continued at the next meeting on April 29, 2013 at 1 p.m.
- Meeting was adjourned at 3:07 p.m.
Becky Del Rio
Minutes approved with corrections via email April 3, 2013