Conference Room B
Present: Chairperson Pam Fitzgiven, Judy Stockrahm, Loveida Ingram, Renee George, Robert Austin, Paul Brewer, and Dr. Janice Warren
I. Call to Order:
II. Approval of Agenda:
Motion to accept agenda was made by Austin; second by Ingram. Motion carried.
- Chairperson Fitzgiven explained to the committee that the Superintendent had a meeting with her this morning to explain that he would be absent due to a prior engagement, but he had asked Bill Goff to present to the Committee a $960 one-time bonus. She stated to the Superintendent that the Committee would listen to Goff’s presentation but could not promise that the Committee would agree to the $960.
- Goff presented to the Committee a potential one-time bonus of $960 for only certified employees. Chairperson Fitzgiven questioned him on how he derived that figure. Goff stated he took the cost of a 2% raise, divided it by the number of teachers (1263), subtracted the 22% FICA cost to the district, and the average dollar amount would be $960 per employee.
- Chairperson Fitzgiven questioned receiving less than what the certified employees received last year. Goff stated that the district had money last year to help with the rising cost of insurance. Chairperson Fitzgiven reminded Goff that the out-of-pocket expenses to employees will increase tremendously in January, and she cannot justify a one-time bonus less than what employees received last year. She also reminded Goff and the Committee that the district will have a projected $18.2 million dollar surplus. Therefore, the district can afford to give the employees more than $960. The district ended the 2013-2014 school year with $18 million.
- After the Goff’s presentation, there was some discussion about the one-time bonus of $960, and Chairperson Fitzgiven stated that she could not in good conscience present a bonus to the CAB that is any less than what employees received last year. After serious discussion, the Committee decided that a proposal for a one-time bonus of $1250, the same as last year, was a fair and reasonable proposal.
Motion to propose a one-time bonus of $1250 was made by Ingram; second by Austin. Motion carried with 6 out of 7 voting to accept.
YES Votes: Fitzgiven, Stockrahm, Ingram, George, Austin, and Warren
NO Votes: None
III. Approval of October Minutes:
Motion to approve minutes with the following corrections made by Warren: Roman Numeral III correct the word “attorney’s” to “attorneys”. Roman Numeral IV change “closer” to “more closely”; second by Ingram. Motion carried. Austin abstained due to disagreeing with the spelling of “attorneys”.
IV. Social Media Policy Revision (20 minutes):
Austin moved to take it off the table for discussion; second by Ingram. Motion carried.
Chairperson Fitzgiven stated she would have AEA’s attorney look over it before we make any finalized revisions.
Motion to table reviewing the Social Media Policy until December was made by Austin; second by Brewer. Motion carried.
V. ESP’s 2nd Annual Anti-Bullying Campaign:
“Building Communities Not Bullies” 2nd annual gathering was held and was a success. Chairperson Fitzgiven shared that she had a banner with signatures of people from surrounding communities stating they would help to stop the bullying. She would like the district to hang the banner in Central Office to show our support to Build Communities Not Bullies.
VI. 2015-2016 Calendar:
- Professional Development: Law from July 1, 2004 states that we can have 12 hours of PD to work in the classrooms prior to the first student contact day.
- Inclement Weather: Must account for possible 5 days make-up days
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: We are looking at doing 1 full day of parent/teacher conferences per semester rather than 2 half days per semester.
VII.192 Day Contract:
LR and NLR both have 192 day contracts. We will discuss the rationale for extending the Teacher Contract Year at our December meeting.
Minutes Submitted: Judy Stockrahm, Secretary Certified PPC