Superintendent’s Board Room
Present: Chairperson Pam Fitzgiven, Judy Stockrahm, Loveida Ingram, Robert Austin, Renee George, Paul Brewer, Janice Warren, Superintendent Guess
I. Call to Order: 5:05 p.m.
II. Approval of Agenda:
Motion to accept the October Agenda was made by Austin; seconded by Warren. Motion carried.
III. Approval of August Minutes:
Motion to accept minutes with two capitalization corrections to “first amendment”, add an ‘s’ to “right”, change “teacher’s” to “employees”, and add hyperlink to Roman Numeral VIII to cite the article was made by Austin; seconded by Ingram. Motion carried. Superintendent Guess abstained.
Austin questioned why Superintendent Guess was part of the vote. Chairperson Fitzgiven announced she just received a letter as the meeting was convening that he was replacing Jackie Smith on the Certified PPC.
The members on the Committee for the 2014-2015 are as follows:
- Elected Teachers: Pam Fitzgiven, Judy Stockrahm, Loveida Ingram, Robert Austin, Renee George
- Appointed Positions for Administration: Paul Brewer, Janice Warren, Superintendent Guess
IV. Social Media Policy Revision (20 minutes):
Deb Roush was in attendance. She distributed a New York Times article and a copy of the law. She points out that the law is confusing. She states that 5 or 6 attorneys looked at it. The Committee, along with Deb Roush, did agree to make changes to the title and to delete language on p. 2 B and rewrite it. There were still concerns on one section of the revised policy that Deb Roush agreed to take back and look at more closely.
Motion to table further discussion of the revised policy until November’s PPC meeting was made by Brewer; seconded by Austin. Motion carried.
V. Staff Development and In-Service Education Requirements (p. 53)
- Chairperson Fitzgiven reminded the Committee that current Personnel Policies require that any changes to the Professional Development Plan for the District must be submitted to the Certified PPC. Since changes to the flex day requirements were not submitted to the Certified PPC, then those changes must be null and void. The original date in which teachers have to complete PD credit for flex days should be reinstated as May 1, 2015 for the flex days November 24-26.
- The Committee was in agreement. Warren stated that she would notify Dr. Bednar to work out the details of notifying the principals and notifying Sam Altschul to change the date on the flex forms to May 1, 2015.
- PD Plan for November 24-26: Chairperson Fitzgiven asked what the plan was for PD offerings on those days. Warren responded that nothing was currently scheduled, but they would be working out the details.
VI. October 20th CAB Meeting
- Proposal: Last month the CAB voted to table the 2% to the base of the current salary schedule the District’s budget had been submitted to ADE. Superintendent Guess distributed a handout showing “Teacher Salary Schedule Analysis” and voiced his concern about giving teachers a permanent salary increase. Chairperson Fitzgiven reminded him of the motion that was made by the CAB, and stated the Certified PPC will be presenting the proposal at the next CAB meeting.
- Electing Officers: Motion to keep the same Officers was made by Superintendent Guess; seconded by Brewer. Motion carried.
VII. Adjournment: 6:02 p.m.
Minutes Submitted by Judy Stockrahm, Secretary Certified PPC