Attending: Pam Fitzgiven, Loveida Ingram, Joyce Bender, Robert Austin, Judy Stockrahm, Paul Brewer, Jackie Smith, and Dr. Gruess
Call to Order: 4:30 p.m.
- Opening Remarks (Paul Brewer): Explained how “lots” for 1, 2 or 3 years would be determined and how the terms would rotate for future elections. Mr. Brewer and Dr. Guess stated how they looked forward to working with the members and verified that we were all receiving emails from them.
- Election of officers: Pam Fitzgiven, Chairperson and Judy Stockrahm, Secretary
- Drawing of Terms: Pam Fitzgiven (3), Loveida Ingram (3), Robert Austin (2), Judy Stockrahm (2), Joyce Bender (1)
- Meeting Dates/Times: 2nd Tuesday of each Month @ 4:45pm-- Agreed to meet @ 4:30 if everyone was present
- Open Discussion: Mr. Brewer stated that the FMLA policy needed the language addressed as well as the Sick Leave Bank. Mr. Austin asked how changes go into effect. Mr. Brewer stated that in order for changes to go into effect during the current year, over 50% of the certified staff would have to vote on it. Otherwise, the changes go into effect the next year.
Mr. Austin made a motion to adopt Robert’s Rules of Order for Parliamentary Procedure for future meetings- Second by Joyce Bender- Motion carried.
Mrs. Fitzgiven asked for a copy of this year’s budget and asked if Mr. Goff could be available to attend meetings if the committee had questions.
Dr. Guess reiterated that he looked forward to working with the new committee and asked if would be available to meet for emergencies purposes on any other day. Wednesdays or the 4th Tuesday were established for the purpose of emergencies.
Closing Remarks: Meeting adjourned @ 4:50 p.m.
Minutes Submitted by: Judy Stockrahm, PPC Secretary