Robin Dorey – chair, Paul Brewer, Jackie Smith, Callie Matthews, Nick Witherspoon, Diane Wagner – minutes secretary
Kristina Laughy, Veronica Perkins
The chairman opens the meeting at 3:52
- Kim White is attending. She has concerns about some of the wording in the 2012-2013 Personnel Policies.
3. Approval of minutes of meeting held April 18, as well as action list
The minutes are approved.
|1||Formally recommend policies to Guess||all||moot||State Dept accepted|
|2||Committee doc. (see April 12, item 6)||tabled|
4. To meet state laws and the approved Fiscal Distress Plan:
- Bereavement clause must be changed to reflect that the numbers of bereavement days are zero instead of one.
- A firearms prohibition statement will mirror that which will be in the Classified Employees Personnel Policies.
made by Nick Witherspoon to approve item 4. 2nd by Callie Matthews. Vote 4 yes, 1 no. Motion passes.
6. 2012 - 2013 Calendar
Committee looked at the calendar proposed by Administration.
made by Nick Witherspoon to approve items 5. 2nd by Callie Matthews. Motion passes with unanimous vote.
8.Verbiage in the Policies
needs clarification and rewording:
- Page 30, in regards to administrative stipends in unclear. Kim White reads her recommended edits.
- Statement requiring official transcripts from prospective new employees is needed.
made by Diane Wagner to approve Kim White’s recommendations. Nick Witherspoon 2nds. Motion passes with unanimous vote.
The chairman thanks all participants for their presence and concludes the meeting at 4:20.
|1||Committee doc. (see April 12, item 6)||tabled|