Robin Dorey – chair, Paul Brewer, Jackie Smith, Kristina Laughy, Callie Matthews, Nick Weatherspoon, Diane Wagner – minutes secretary
The chairman opens the meeting at 3:50
2. Announcements and Documents ReceivedAnnouncements:
- PB feels some of the language in the Proposed Board Policies is a little confusing and wants us to revisit certain sections.
- Pages 25-35 of the Proposed Board Policies for Certified Staff 2012-2013 containing proposed clarifications.
3. Approval of minutes of meeting held April 2, as well as action list
The minutes are approved by majority, with the following remarks:
- CW did not receive the minutes via email like everyone else.
As a result of:
- DW will email her the minutes this evening using a different email address.
|1||Formally recommend policies to Guess||all||ASAP (TBA)||In process|
of Pages 25-35 of the Proposed Board Policies for Certified Staff 2012-2013, section titled “Compensation and Contracts”.
- Discussion. DW moves to accept the changes as written. NW 2nds. RD calls vote, it passes unanimously.
5. Official Recommendation to Jerry Guess
to approve the Proposed Board Policies for Certified Staff 2012-2013
- The Committee wishes to present this as soon as possible. We may be asked to return to District Office to sign papers or PB may be able to bring the necessary papers to us at our respective schools.
6.CM states the need for a document
that explains, among other things, the Personnel Policies Committee’s purpose, how its members are elected/appointed, and how it should conduct its business.
- The group agrees, but will table that until such a time that the PPC is legally recognized.
- The chairman thanks all participants for their presence and concludes the meeting at 4:30.
Action list, dated April 12
|1||Formally recommend policies to Guess||all||ASAP (TBA)|
|2||PPC document (see item 6)||tabled|