On June 20, 2011, the State Board of Education exercised authority pursuant to the Omnibus Education Act of 2003 allowing the state to take over operations of the Pulaski County Special School District (“the District”). Commissioner Kimbrell appointed Dr. Jerry Guess as superintendent. Dr. Jerry Guess will administratively operate the District under the supervision and approval of the Commissioner. On March 25, 2015, Mr. Johnny Key became the Commissioner of Education. Accordingly, Commissioner Key now serves in the stead of PCSSD Board of Education.
- Approval of Support Staff Allocations
- Approval of Board Resolution – ACT 1120 of 2013
- Denial of TV purchases
- Approval of EMC storage expansion
- Approval of Edgenuity Software
- Approval of auction – service vehicles
- Approval of Grant of Easement
- Approval of Sustainment, Restoration and Modernization Plan
- Approval of Mindplay Literacy Licenses and P.D.
- Approval of Strategic Instruction Model P.D.
- Approval of ACSIP process and ACSIP Statement of Assurances
- Approval of Lexia Learning Program for Landmark Elementary
- Approval of agreement with University of Memphis/CREP
- Summary of Operations - Approved
- Expulsions - Approved
- Personnel - Approved
- Bills for Payment - Approved
- Financial Report - Approved