On June 20, 2011, the State Board of Education exercised authority pursuant to the Omnibus Education Act of 2003 allowing the state to take over operations of the Pulaski County Special School District (“the District”). Commissioner Kimbrell appointed Dr. Jerry Guess as superintendent. Dr. Jerry Guess will administratively operate the District under the supervision and approval of the Commissioner. On March 25, 2015, Mr. Johnny Key became the Commissioner of Education. Accordingly, Commissioner Key now serves in the stead of PCSSD Board of Education.
- Approval of Board Policy 4.45, 4./45.1 – Smart Core Curriculum and Graduation Rates – 2nd Reading
- Approval of Board Policy 4.55- Promotion, Retention, and Acceleration of Students – 2nd Reading
- Approval of Board Policy 5.4 – School Improvement Teams – 2nd Reading
- Approval of Elbow to Elbow at Jacksonville High School
- Approval of Renaissance Learning, Inc.
- Approval of Read 180/System 44
- Summary of Operations - Approved
- Personnel - Approved
- Bills for Payment - Approved
- Financial Report - Approved
- Fiscal Distress Financial Reports – Approved