The Pulaski County Special School District shall not collect, disclose, or use personal information for the purpose of marketing or for selling that information or to otherwise provide that information to others for that purpose.
Personal information is defined, for the purposes of this policy only, as individually identifiable information including:
- a student or parent’s first and last name,
- a home or other physical address (including street name and the name of the city or town),
- telephone number, and
- social security identification number.
The district may collect, disclose, or use personal information that is collected from students for the exclusive purpose of developing, evaluating, or providing educational products or services for, or to, students or educational institutions such as the following:
- College or other postsecondary education recruitment, or military recruitment;
- Book clubs, magazines, and programs providing access to low cost literary products;
- Curriculum and instructional materials used by elementary schools and secondary schools;
- Tests and assessments used by elementary schools and secondary schools to provide cognitive, evaluative, diagnostic, clinical, aptitude, or achievement information about students (or to generate other statistically useful data for the purpose of securing such tests and assessments) and the subsequent analysis and public release of the aggregate data from such tests and assessments;
- The sale by students of products or services to raise funds for school related or education related activities; and
- Student recognition programs.
Legal Reference: 20 USC § 1232h (c)
Last Revised: 8/16/18