The duties of the president of the Board of Education shall include, but shall not be limited to:
- Presiding at all meetings of the Board;
- Calling special meetings of the Board;
- Working with the Superintendent to develop Board meeting agendas;
- Signing all official documents that require the signature of the chief officer of the Board of Education;
- Appointing all committees of the Board and serving as ex-officio member of such committees; and
- Performing such other duties as may be prescribed by law or action of the Board.
The president shall have the same right as other members to offer resolutions, make or second motions, discuss questions, and to vote.
Legal Reference: A.C.A. § 6-13-619 (a) (1)
Last Revised: 11/14/17