Wilbur D. Mills University Studies High School, Maumelle High School and Joe T. Robinson High School all boast winners at the 2013 High School Track and Field State Championship!
Wilbur D. Mills University Studies High School Economics students placed first out of 213 teams in the 2013 Region 5 Economics Arkansas Spring Stock Market Game. The winning team was honored with a trophy and a luncheon at the Verizon Arena. The students are grateful to Kevin Moseley and 3M for their support in funding the game. Congratulations, Mills on this outstanding accomplishment!
As the 2012-2013 school year comes to a close, don’t forget these important dates:
- May 21: Last day for seniors
- May 22: Graduation rehearsals
- May 24: Graduation rehearsals and graduation for Maumelle and Jacksonville High Schools
- May 25: Graduation for North Pulaski, Wilbur D. Mills University Studies, Sylvan Hills and Robinson High Schools
- May 27: Memorial Day (no school)
- May 31: Last day for students
Sylvan Hills High School hosted a reception on Monday to recognize 50 young men, grades 9-11, for their work on character education and reducing the achievement gap at their school. Dr. Walter Milton, CEO of From the Heart Educational Services, has been working with these young men on The Purposeful Living Project for Young People. The goal of this club is to increase participation to 100 young men during the first semester of the 2013-14 school year.