The purpose of any uniform policy is safety. We want a policy that reflects this need while encouraging maximum compliance. The Joe T. Robinson Middle School Uniform Policy will conform to the PCSSD School Board Policy for Uniform/Dress as voted in July of 2007.
All consequences for failure to comply with the uniform/dress policy have been given to the school to determine the best way to ensure compliance. A letter to the policy and consequences will be given to each student and parent for acknowledgement of receipt to be placed in each student’s file.
- First offense: Parent conference
- Second offense: Parent required to bring appropriate uniform or 1 day SAC assignment (same day)
- Subsequent offenses: Parent required to bring appropriate uniform or 1 day suspension (next day)
Progressive discipline will continue with each additional violation to the uniform/dress policy.
- Pants may be navy blue, black, or khaki (denim material is okay)
- Decorative embellishments are not allowed except on the back pockets.
- Holes, tears, rips, or cut-offs are not allowed
- Sweat pants and joggers are not allowed on campus
- All pants are to be appropriately sized to eliminate bagging and sagging
- Shirts must have collars and a modest neck line
- Shirts must not be sheer
- Shirts must be of a solid color
- Logos are allowed on shirts but they must be smaller than the size of a half-dollar coin
- Joe T. Robinson Middle School issued t-shirts and RHS t-shirts can only be worn on Fridays. (Principal approval on sanctioned events)
Sweaters or sweatshirts
- Sweatshirts must be a solid color
- Sweater or sweatshirts must be cardigan or pullover
Skirts, shorts, skorts, jumpers and dresses
- Appropriately sized to eliminate bagging and sagging
- Shorts and skirts should not be more than 2 inches from the top part of the knees to the hem of the garment, with or without leggings
- Plain belt without logo in blue, black, or brown
- Belts must be worn with any item of clothing that has belt loops: pants, skirts, shorts or skorts
- The buckle of the belt cannot be any larger than 1.5″ x 2″
Shoes and socks
- Any color
- Inappropriate for school: house shoes, flip-flops, or open toe shoes
Coats and jackets
- Any color
- Personal choice
Any garment(s), arrangement of clothes/style, and/or visible accessories deemed as having inappropriate content or creating a distraction/disruption to the school environment will be referred to the office for removal and uniform/dress code violation (Rule 7, PCSSD Student Handbook) consequences will apply.