Permit applications will be kept for one (1) school year only. If your permit application was not approved for the current school year, you will need to reapply for the new school year. If your student’s contact information changes, please call 501.234.2021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligible students may apply for an integrative transfer at any time during the school year. Students who live in the attendance zone have property rights to the school. Transfer options given to students must be consistent with the District’s desegregation plan and student assignment plan as approved by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas in March 1987. Applications for integrative transfers effective in the fall semester will be processed after the eighth (8th) day of school of the fall semester.
- Parents will be notified by telephone and/or email if their permit(s) is approved. If you have not received a phone call, your permit has not been approved.
- All permitted transfers provided for by these exceptions will be subject to program capacity at the school to which the transfer is requested, student assignment guidelines, and the District’s desegregation plan.
Transfers for a Cause
Applications for transfers for cause may be submitted to the Assistant Superintendent for Equity and Pupil Services at any time during the year.
- Disciplinary Transfer requests will be accompanied by the written recommendations of the principals involved and the written consent of the parent, guardian, or person in loco parentis.
- Medical Transfer requests will be accompanied by a statement from the student’s physician and a statement from the District‘s medical staff setting forth the specific reasons why the needs of the student cannot be met at the assigned school.
- Program Transfer applications will specify the particular program that is considered essential for the student and the reasons why it is needed. A supporting statement must be submitted by the principal of the assigned school.
- Home-related Hardship Transfer applications will be accompanied by an affidavit describing in detail the home-related hardship. The principal of the assigned school will investigate and verify the facts stated in the application.
PCSSD does not participate in the Arkansas School Choice Code 6-18-1903.