How will the LEA foster effective parental involvement strategies and support partnerships among school, parents, and the community to improve student achievement?
- The Pulaski County Special School District’s Title I Parent Coordinator will foster effective parental involvement strategies, coordinate parental involvement activities with those of other programs, and support partnerships among school, parents, and the community to improve student achievement.
- The District Parent Involvement Policy will be placed on the PCSSD homepage for parents to have access to the plan.
- Each school will establish a Parent Facilitator to oversee Parental Involvement implementation.
- A survey (annual review) of the effectiveness of the parental involvement policy will be utilized to get feedback. The Parental Involvement Survey from the previous year will be analyzed to better meet the needs of the Parents.
- In addition, a perception survey will be sent to all parents to determine perceptions of each school’s effectiveness.
- Pulaski County Special School District will reserve a minimum of 1% of the district’s Title I, Part A allocation for parental involvement.
- Schools will involve parents in annual meetings led by the school’s parent involvement facilitator to review the school parent involvement plan.
How will the district provide coordination, technical assistance, and other support necessary to assist participating schools in planning and implementing effective parental involvement?
- The English as a Second Language Coordinator will ensure, to the extent possible, that information is sent home in a language and form that parents can understand.
- Each school’s parent involvement policy is posted on the district website which provides translation into 12 different languages.
- The Title I Parent Coordinator will enhance the awareness and skills of teachers, pupil service personnel, principals, and staff in reaching out to, communicating with, and working with parents as equal partners.
- The district will monitor each Title I, Part A school to ensure that each school performs the following tasks:
- The school parent facilitator will assist with the development of the school’s parental involvement policy. The school parent facilitator will provide an electronic copy of the school’s parent involvement policy to the district Title I Parent Coordinator. Each school’s plan will be placed on PCSSD’s webpage and will be distributed at school parent involvement meetings.
- School Parent Facilitators will offer flexible meeting times.
- Each school’s parent facilitator and principal will provide information to parents about the school's program.
- Each Title I school’s parent facilitator and principal will develop and use the School Parent Compact which describes how the school staff, parents, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement.
- Provide training for parents in working with their child to improve academic achievement
- Encourage parents to visit/volunteer at school by assisting staff in developing volunteer opportunities as well as training staff to encourage and build volunteer efforts.
- Encourage parent participation through creative scheduling of activities through strategies such as holding meetings at a variety of times in the morning or evening.
- The school’s parent facilitator will provide materials and training to help parents work with their children to improve academic achievement. Each Title I school will provide the dates of the trainings, the topics that will be covered, the name of the facilitator and their contact number in their individual school plan.
- Parental Involvement trainings will be held to train Parent Facilitators on effective Parental Involvement practices. Parent Facilitators will take the information back to the local school.
- Trainings will be conducted to train Administrators in every building in dealing with better ways of Communicating with Parents.
How will the district build the school's capacity for strong parental involvement?
- The school’s parent facilitator and principal will provide information to participating parents in such areas as national, state, and local education goals, including parent’s rights as defined in Title I, Part A.
- The school’s parent facilitator will assist in the development of parent engagement groups at their school.
- The district Title I Parent Coordinator and school parent facilitators will involve parents through an annual survey to improve school effectiveness.
- Approve reasonable and necessary expenses associated with parental involvement activities.
- Provide any reasonable support for parental involvement at the request of participating Title I, Part A schools
How will the district conduct, with the involvement of parents, ongoing evaluation of the content and effectiveness of the parental involvement policy as it relates to strategies for increasing parental participation and identifying barriers to greater participation?
- The district Title I Parent Coordinator will survey parents annually, including questions to identify obstacles to parental involvement.
- The Parent Advisory Council, which will include: parents, teachers, and community leaders will meet annually to review the Parental Involvement Plan.
- The district Title I Parent Coordinator will coordinate the meeting and make recommendations and provide suggestions as it relates to parent involvement.
- Develop procedures for collecting parent participation documentation through sign in lists for workshops, meetings, and conferences; schedules; brochures; meeting notes; and other means as appropriate throughout the school year.
How will the district involve parents in the joint development of the district Title I Application under section 1112 (ACSIP)?
- The Federal Programs Coordinator will recruit parents to serve on the district ACSIP committee to develop the Title I Application.
Parent Involvement Policies by schoolPulaski County Special School District Baker Elementary School Cato Elementary School Chenal Elementary School College Station Elementary School Crystal Hill Elementary School Daisy Bates Elementary School Fuller Middle School Harris Elementary School Joe T. Robinson Elementary School Joe T. Robinson High School Joe T. Robinson Middle School Landmark Elementary School Lawson Elementary School Maumelle High School Maumelle Middle School Oak Grove Elementary School Oakbrooke Elementary School Pine Forest Elementary School Sherwood Elementary School Sylvan Hills Elementary School Sylvan Hills High School Sylvan Hills Middle School Wilbur D. Mills University Studies High School William Jefferson Clinton Elementary School