PCSSD will select six deserving seniors interested in post-secondary education to receive $1,000 each to help fund their continuing education.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is Friday, April 20, 2012.
- Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements.
- Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., reference forms, evidence of GPA, etc.). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If any question does not apply to you in this application please put N/A in the space.
- Type or print legibly. Illegible applications will be returned. You may also download a copy of the application here.
- You will be notified by mail in May regarding the status of your application.
- If you have any questions about the application, please contact your school counselor.
NOTE: Scholarship funds will be awarded to the student upon evidence of registration in an accredited post-secondary institution. Recipients of the scholarships will be announced on May 1, 2012.
To provide scholarships to six (6) deserving Pulaski County Special School District graduating seniors interested in or intending to pursue post-high school course of study at either college/university or other post-secondary educational institution.
Six (6) $1000 scholarships and individual certificates awarded to six (6) students selected by the Pulaski County Special School District Scholarship Committee.
- Student must have attended and successfully completed a minimum of six (6) semesters, of which two (2) will be during the senior year, at a District high school.
- Student must be a graduating senior whose parents or legal guardians have not graduated from post secondary school or college.
- Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Student must be admitted to a post-secondary school in Arkansas as a full time student.
- Financial need is a criterion for eligibility.
- The District will fund the scholarship for one year.
- A scholarship will be awarded to one eligible student from each high school.
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly)
- Letter of application addressed to the Scholarship Committee. The letter should contain a brief explanation of career goals and biographical (background) information.
- Three (3) letters of recommendations from choice of high school teachers, administrators, counselors, employers, or individual with significant knowledge of applicant’s experience and involvement.
- Your most recent official school transcript with cumulative grade point average and a class standing/rank.
- Personal 500 word Essay.
Deadline for the application is Friday, April 20, 2012. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered.
Please mail OR submit application in person to:
Brenda Bowles, Ed. D., Assistant Superintendent for Equity and Pupil Services
Division of Equity and Pupil Services
925 E. Dixon Road/ PO Box 8601
Little Rock, AR 72216-8601
Completed electronic applications may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org