All applications must be picked up in person from the Human Resources Department located at 925 East Dixon Road, Little Rock.
Every substitute must complete an application for the current school year.
If you have been employed as a substitute teacher for our district in the past two years we will have a file established for you. You will still be required to come in and apply for the 2012-2013 school year and let us review your file. You will need to verify that your in-service is updated.
If you have never worked as a substitute for the Pulaski County Special School District, we will need to compile a personnel file for you.
Please bring the following documents for us to copy for your file:
- 2012-2013 Application (These items will be included in application packet)
- Successful completion of an FBI fingerprint background screen. – Costs $44.25 (Subject to change without notice)
- AR Child Maltreatment Registry Background Check – Cost $10.00 (Subject to change without notice)
- Complete Arkansas Teacher Retirement Form
- Complete W-4 and I-9
- Proof of high school diploma or highest educational degree obtained
- Two forms of identification (Social Security Card & Driver’s License)
- Copy of birth certificate
- Attending In-Service every other school year
As a registered substitute, you will be given the opportunity to work in any of the schools in the Pulaski County Special School District. Schools are located in the Jacksonville, Sherwood, Maumelle, Robinson, College Station, East End, Sweet Home , and Oak Grove communities.
Substitute Teacher Salary Schedule
Substitute teacher without 4-year degree $55.00 daily
Substitute teacher with 4-year degree $75.00 daily
Long-term substitute teacher more than 10 days (Degreed or Certified) $86.00 daily
Long-term substitute teacher 30 days + (Must be Certified) $ 95.00 daily
Paraprofessional Substitute Salary Schedule
Pre-Kindergarten & Instructional $10.22 per hour
Special Education & CBI $11.39 per hour
(All In-service Start at 9:00am at Central Office)
Thursday August 16, 2012Thursday October 4, 2012
Thursday August 30, 2012Thursday November 1, 2012
Thursday September 6, 2012Thursday December 6, 2012
Thursday September 20, 2012Thursday January 10, 2013
Thursday March 7, 2013
Thursday May 2, 2013