All students in the District K- middle school will be required to comply with Uniform Dress Code during school hours (Board Policy JIC).
Students who do not wear the school uniform will borrow proper attire from the school and a letter informing the parents of the infraction will be sent home to be signed and returned to the school the following day. Continued infractions will result in a parent/student/administrator conference. If the situation is not rectified, Saturday School or in-school suspension may be assigned.
Clothing items are to have no visible label and be the appropriate size (no sagging and no bagging).
- Color – Red, white, blue (any shade)
- Style – Button-down collared shirt, plain collared shirt, long or short sleeved polo style (no logo), turtle neck
Pants or Shorts
- Color – Solid khaki, navy
- Style – Belted or elastic waist, pleated or plain front with straight aide pockets optional, no hiking shorts or cargo pant
- Students must wear belts with all clothing bottoms what have belt loops
- Length – The bottom of the hem of shorts should be no more than 3 inches above the knee
- Must be closed at the toe and heel.
- Color and style are the same as for the boys
- Girls may also wear Peter Pan collared shirts
Pants, shirts, shorts and skorts
- Color – solid khaki, blue
- Length – The bottom of the hem of the shirts/shorts/skorts should be no more than 3 inches above the knee
- Girls may also wear Capri pants
- Color – Solid khaki, blue, green
- Style – V- Neck, or round neck, pleated or a line shirt
- Must be closed at the toe and heel
Parents may apply to building principal for full or partial exemptions or waivers for students due to handicapping condition or religious observation. Students new to district schools will be given two weeks to comply with the Uniform Dress Code. Denied exemption requests may be appealed to the Assistant Superintendent for Pupil Services.